It is sometimes necessary to reset a BACnet Capture Tool to factory default settings (e.g. password forgotten).
To do so, perform the following steps:
- Format a USB drive as FAT32.
- Create an empty text file named bct_reset.txt and put it in the root of the USB drive.
- Power off the BACnet Capture Tool, insert the USB drive, and power it on again.
- Wait 1 minute.
- Power off the BACnet Capture Tool and remove the USB drive.
- Power on the BACnet Capture Tool and login with the default settings (i.e. IP = 192.168.10.254, username = admin, password = _admin_).