If you have an ONS-C401i set up in stand-alone mode, here are the steps required to set up port mirroring on one of the ports.
- Go to: L2 Switching > Port Mirror
- Start with 'Session ID 1' and change 'Monitor session state' to portbased-enabled.
- Choose which port on the ONS-C401i that you want to mirror traffic to (e.g. FE1 = port 1).
- If you intend to allow traffic to pass into the mirror port, set 'Allow-ingress' to enabled. Otherwise, leave it set to disabled (e.g. as you would if you were using one of Optigo's BACnet Capture Tools).
- Select which ports you want to listen on for traffic coming into the switch (Sniffer RX Ports) and which ports you want to listen on for traffic going out of the switch (Sniffer TX Ports). Depending on your application, you may want to choose both (RX and TX).
Example #1: Capturing traffic between port 2 and port 3
- Select FE2 and FE3 in the 'Sniffer TX Ports' field
- Leave the 'Sniffer RX Ports' field blank
All traffic sent from port 2 to port 3 and from port 3 to port 2 is sent to the mirror port.
Example #2: Capturing all IP camera traffic to and from an NVR that's connected to port 2
- Select FE2 in the 'Sniffer TX Ports' field
- Select FE2 in the 'Sniffer RX Ports' field
All traffic to and from the NVR is sent to the mirror port.
Ensure that the 'Sniffer TX Ports' and 'Sniffer RX Ports' fields only contain the ports you intend to monitor.
- Click the Apply button and then save your settings by clicking in the dropdown menu in the top-right corner, selecting Save, and then Save Configuration to FLASH.
Any settings that are not saved properly will be lost after a power cycle.
Please sign in to leave a comment.