The Pre-Check feature in Visual BACnet allows any user to audit their BACnet system, free-of-charge . Pre-Check provides the following information:
- Overall BACnet system network health score - What is the magnitude of BACnet communication problems?
- Summary of BACnet system network diagnostics - What are the BACnet communication problems?
- Number of BACnet devices
- Sharing - Share the Pre-Check results with your colleague/customers to determine how to proceed
Below is an example of an organization with a paid Visual BACnet license that also uses the Pre-Check feature for early auditing of a new site.
Below is an example of the summary page available with the Pre-Check feature.
- Create a new Node at the root of your Monitoring structure with type "Site", as seen in the video for "Site-C Pre-Check (free)"
This new site will be in Pre-Check mode by default.
- Create a node nested under the new Pre-Check Site node created in the above step with type "Monitoring Node", as seen in the video for "server1"
- Upload a PCAP file into the Monitoring Node. Note that you may also use the Optigo Capture Tool to upload BACnet network data into the Pre-Check monitoring node at scheduled intervals
- Contact Optigo Sales to assign a paid license to the node to activate all features.